Our mission is to build Aflon group of schools into models and centre for the application of Information and Technology (IT) at all levels of the educational system. We seek to make it possible for each student to develop his or her full potential in all spheres of human endeavour based on the application of technology. We intend to do this within the context of a sound academic structure, a secure and stimulating environment for all students, regardless of sex, creed or race.
Our goal is the development of the individual to be self reliant, applying the instructions of Almighty God that were issued right at the beginning of creation as embodied in the Holy Book. God said …
“Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground.
… I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breadth of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” Genesis 1 28—30
Based on these divine principles that were part of creation, Aflon schools offers opportunities to all intending students to prepare themselves for participation in a rapidly changing world by applying the tools IT.
In all, we plan to worship God, revere and marvel at His Might, while serving man and humanity with our talents and abilities developed to the highest possible level.
While Aflon schools were established as Christian institutions with Baptist flavour, we SHALL not impose this particular system of beliefs on any member of the school staff or students. Rather we shall endeavour to create an atmosphere of freedom, tolerance and mutual respect for all forms of beliefs and or non-beliefs, seeking to emphasise what unites all humanity, as creation of God.
In Practical Terms
Guided by the above stated mission statement and goals, our schools were established to:
- help each student achieve his or her individual potentials through the provision of a broad and balanced education which will equip each student with skills and appropriate knowledge;
- provide each student with the foundation required for successful attainment of lifelong educational attainment,
- provide for each student the opportunities necessary to develop aesthetic appreciation and the skills to develop creative ability;
- maintain for each student a programme leading to healthy physical development, especially by means of a well developed sports programme catering for a range of abilities and interests;
- encourage, through field trips and excursions, an awareness of our dependence on our physical environment and a commitment to its preservation;
- help each student to develop the life skills necessary to flourish in the modern world;
- guide each student towards the development of personal qualities of self-respect, self-reliance, tolerance and compassion;
- encourage the continued development of the personal, moral and spiritual values each student brings from his or her family and community as well as respect for the religious practices and beliefs of others.
In order that our students can obtain the most from their time at the school, we expect each student to
- come to school on time and be prepared at all times for classes and activities
- ensure that the school is a good learning environment by respecting the learning needs of other students
- help to make the school a tidy and pleasant environment in which to work
- work to achieve the most possible within all classes and activities
- respect the opinions and beliefs of others in the school community
- live within the school’s rules and regulations.